Mr Pothole AKA Mark Morrell Has a New Home
We are proud to have this widely respected national road campaigner as a resident on the Street Repairs website, this is why.
A highly motivated former senior Utilities Manger with particular expertise in Street Works, Major Projects, Contract Management, Business Risk Management, Performance Management and Incident Management Mark has been instrumental in assisting the Street Repairs brand.
He has a vast experience of works in highways on high profile locations as well as management of major contracts, with an enviable reputation for delivery at both an operational and strategic level. Winner of Gold awards for Street Works in the City of London and City of Westminster so is well qualified to answer any questions pertaining to roads.
He has extensive knowledge and experience in the legal requirements of working in public highways as well as operational requirements, current and new methods of maintenance and repair techniques for defects.
A perfect match for Street Repairs, why?
Three years campaigning as seen:
- £1.5 million of resurfacing works carried out
- Dangerous Junctions repaired
- Thousands of Potholes repaired reported to Street Repairs by Mr Pothole
- Assisted hundreds of members of public get Potholes fixed
- Provided support to over a hundred people claiming for damage
- Invited to Westminster to meet Shadow Transport Minster for talks
In the Media
- Starred in “Pothole Britain” Channel5 Documentary
- Took Tank to the Department For Transport in London
- Feature on Japanese TV show “World Great TV”
- TV appearances on: Daybreak, Good Morning Britain, ITV Regional News, BBC Breakfast, BBC News Channel, BBC Regional News, Sky News, Sky Sunrise, Oxford TV
- Over hundred radio interviews across the BBC from 5Live to local radio stations, LBC, Heart, James Whale Show, Banbury Sound, JACKfm, Witney Radio and Talk2Me Radio, CBC in Canada
- Newspapers: Featured in national newspapers, local newspapers and had articles in international newspapers websites across the world
- Growing Social Media profile/following in the thousands from RAC, Department for Transport, MPs across parties, Highways industry, Institutions, Associations, Councils, Council Highways departments, other campaign groups across the world, Celebrities, motor trade, tyre manufactory’s, Broadcasters, media, etc
Within his role as campaigner:
Studied all aspect of why our roads are in such a poor condition:
- Lack of proper levels of investment over decades by authorities
- No long term Asset Management Plans
- Inadequate management of road maintenance
- Sub-standard/cheap repairs
- Training levels not fit for purpose
- Weak Contract Management
- Defect reporting systems inaccurate
- Inspections not carried out to policy
- Repairs outside required timescales
- Intervention Criteria for defects not being correctly applied
- Authorities changing Intervention Criteria to fit budget accepting deeper defects
- Increase timescales before repairs carried out